People don't normally realize how critical this can affect their relationships until it is too late. Being there for each other is one of the top requirements on how to make a relationship work. Too busy at work and too caught up with other life events often leave you no time for your partner and that is when the problems kick in. The problem is many people cannot afford enjoying life and having fun so often. They have jobs to attend to and it often requires most of their days, leaving them too tired to do anything afterwards.
However, there are romantic ideas for busy couples. By romantic it doesn't mean a bed of hundred roses or a bath with a dozen candles. They are the daily activities done in slightly different way that usually make our life less boring.
1. Cook your own easy but special dinner, occasionally. Considering your busy lifestyle, you probably go for fast foods or takeaways as best options. Once in awhile when you are less busy, try to surprise your partner with your own special home cooking for a nice dinner at home. There are lots of easy recipes that are simple and fast to cook.
2. Make time for some exercise together. Probably on the weekend. Try not to be lazy as exercise will boost your energy. An hour walk around the park in the morning or afternoon is a great idea. When you do it together with your partner, it gives the two of you time to spend together to talk and laugh about things. It will help you grow closer to each other.
3. Have sex during lunch time. If your and your partner's work places are close enough from home and it is possible for you two to go home for a short time, some occasional quickie can relit the spark between couples. There is a naughty feeling associated with it that makes it different from the normal bedtime.
4. Share the house chores and do them together. It is not so obvious what fun doing dishes or washing the car together can be. You just have to try it and see that often you will be engaged in an exciting or funny discussion and the job at hand will not feel so much of a burden anymore.
5. Have some massage and hot bath. Surprise your partner by giving them relaxing massages when you are less tired than them. One thing may lead to another, sharing a hot bath before sleep at night will feel awesome, not just to your body but to your relationship as well.
6. Play together as a family with your child(ren). If you have a child or children, play with them with your partner and relive the feelings of being free and excited as a child with the 'cannot be happier' attitude. People don't stop playing because they are getting older. They are getting older because they stop playing. See how children get along so well when they play together. You and your partner will be much closer too by having such fun together.
Spending quality time with your partner can strengthen your relationship. However it is a totally different story if you are trying to mend a broken relationship. You need to know exactly what you can and cannot do. It is never too late to start over, just make sure you don't make this fatal mistake like most people do. You CAN get the old romance back, just start with this crucial first step.Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Melissa_Lee